NOTICE New Website Design

Started by Ergology_CC

What's going on Corbacrafters!

Ergooolooogy here with a start of the summer update! As you can tell we have decided to redo the website in an attempt to make it more simple, clean, and fast loading. Below is a list of features that you can find here which we previously did not have.

One of the largest changes you will notice is that your account will need to be re-created here. To do this I STRONGLY reccomend using your Minecraft account username as it will then place your skin onto your profile picture which is kinda cool. I also reccomend you do this because in the future we will be able to link your account to the server and display your stats to other players. Anyways thats all for now expect a Philia update from myself within a week or two as I have some fun features to add.

Website Features:

• A simplified profile page
  • Fast access to our discord
  • A simplified Forum page to access forums
  • Responsive design
  • Extremeley fast loading times
  • Access to the punishments history on the "bans" page
  • Linking your MC account to your profile
  • Also Regallity is now the official Forums manager

By Ergology_CC, 3 months agoLast edited: 2 months ago x 4 | x 1

Finn_The_Hobbit:

While I love the new Forums design, I have many major concerns...

Hi Finn,

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying our new forums! I understand your frustration in losing your history with the old forums set up we had, however there are a few reasons that led to the current situation. We do appreciate the feedback and take it into consideration, but the development of the forums was led by a team that did not directly partake in your feedback regarding other issues with staff in the past so I do ask that you do not put blame on the crew who helped as if they were 100% aware of this problem and your discontent with it.

To start off with the biggest issue: This isn't just a new themed tacked on to our old forums; we did not reset posts or profiles. The Corbacraft Network's XenForo license expired, and despite the many amazing untapped abilities it had, the amount of users actively using the forums did not equate to the cost of continuing our license. We have changed over to an open-source forum system that is developed in mind specifically for Minecraft servers, so that we may have more relevant integration that fits better to our playerbase size. Unfortunately however, while we were able to salvage and reformat some of the core guide posts, there are too many differences between the two hosts to port over all of the old posts. While the old forums used BBCode specifically designed for XenForo, the new text editor bases itself off of HTML, and lacks quite a few features that the BBCode was capable of. All posts would have severely lost all of their formatting, and even if we did port them over they couldn't be tied to most accounts since a majority of users had nicknames instead of Minecraft usernames.

In regards to wanting to offer feedback, we will gladly accept suggestions for change through the Website Suggestions board. Since the forums here are entirely new, we didn't want feedback on how to change directly during the pre-release development stage, as we needed to figure out what we're even capable of as-is. Some plans for near-future and long-term goals for the forums that we have in mind but currently cannot implement due to lack of functionality are listed in the bottom of this post. If you have more ideas for what else we can do, again I ask that you make a proper suggestion for it instead of making the suggestion here.

Autocorrect not working is completely out of our control. It's part of the rich text editor script being used. Hopefully this changes in the near future, but it is not something we can change.

Finally, while I would like to argue that you did get some warning via Twitter and Discord announcements of it last week, I understand why you would feel that was not enough. The license to our old forum provider expiring was a bit shorter notice than we would have liked and some complications came up the initial day-of release that erased most of our work and caused a lot of crunch-time fixes so we wouldn't be left without forums at all for a few days. The team got so focused on making sure this new website even worked that we didn't put in the time to hype up and notify players and I apologize for this lack of communication. I do expect us to be more upfront about communication in the future as a whole.

As promised, based off of feedback on the old forums alongside issues that popped up during development, here is a small list of some things we hope to change or fix when the functionality becomes available to forum management. Alongside this, do expect weekly/bi-weekly updates from the forum or staff teams of majors events as needed, tighter adherence to the forum rules, and more transparency/communication for our methods of action on the forums.

• Add a favicon
  • Alternative night-mode theme
  • Alternative larger text day & night mode themes
  • Ingame authentication
  • Showing off integrated donator ranks on profile pages
  • Member list
  • Integrated spellcheck in rich text editor
  • Post preview in rich text editor

I hope this answers a bit for you Finn, and anyone else who had similar concerns.

Reg

By Regallity, 3 months ago x 6

@Regallity

Thank you for the clarification! :-)

Also, what happened to all of the previous posts in this thread?

By Finn_The_Hobbit, 3 months ago

I think you also Have to fix the edit button but lemme check

edit: it works

By 01212, 3 months agoLast edited: 3 months ago

Joined Corba: 2017 or 2018
yeet

• Add a favicon
  • Alternative night-mode theme
  • Alternative larger text day & night mode themes
  • Ingame authentication
  • Showing off integrated donator ranks on profile pages
  • Member list
  • Integrated spellcheck in rich text editor
  • Post preview in rich text editor

I hope this answers a bit for you Finn, and anyone else who had similar concerns.

Reg

Hey!

Always a fan of a forums but I think this change is pretty necessary for default- looking at how it looks while I'm typing, I really like it. Even though there were some things that I disagreed with in the old forums, I always found format important, which is something I know can be improved overtime!

Also I really enjoyed reg's post here so I'm just gonna post a bit of the importance :D

By FlashTurtle, 3 months ago